Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fish Blimps

At last, recreational travel to delight and amaze your friends. And you. Winter fish blimp flying is not for everyone, however, consider this: It only costs 19.95 R.T. and comes with warm cloaks and on Mondays you get two for the price of one. You've probably seen the offer on your local t.v. channel. For the complete tale, check out timbuctooties.com. Larger pictures, too. This is yet one more Mixed Media Collage on two inch cradled Ampersand board using ink transfer papers, found book images, all over-painted with acrylics.

3 comments:

  1. Hi I am taking a collage class and looking at narrative collages (because I have no &*(*^ idea what the instructor means!). I found your blog and I love your collages. They have humor and beauty. Really great job. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments. Collage should by all rights, be easy for any one, especially if you are just getting started. I always use polymer medium (usually Liquitex non-gloss) for glue since it dries clear and you can be cavalier about application. I even coat the finished project with it for protection. I only use magazine images for very small parts since they are inclined to wrinkle too much if you use large pieces (say for sky or background). Instead, I haunt used book stores for damaged or interesting cheap books because the ink and the pages are better quality than "most" magazines. Then I cut, assemble parts (take a digital picture of the lay out if you need to) and then begin to glue your pieces onto your paper or board, beginning with back ground and then moving to middle and foreground parts of your collage. If you need to add more later you can use tracing paper to make the shape and then cut it from whatever you want to add, holding the tracing piece on top as you cut if you have a steady hand. Maybe I should make a how-to little book. If you are around this area, my gallery is sponsoring a two day collage class in early November, 2012. You can contact them: Lynnette@bacart.org on Bainbridge Island, Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete